Brand: Willow Tree
Color: Loving My Mother
- Sentiment: “I'm here for you, as you've always been for me” written on Enclosure Card
- 6.5”h hand-painted resin figure. Seated older female with younger female standing at her shoulder, hands clasped in embrace.
- A gift to express the caring relationship between adult daughter and older mother, as they progress through life together, and roles of caregiving become inevitably reversed; a gift to remember one much loved. Packaged in fitted box ready for gift-giving.
- Artist Susan Lordi hand carves the original of each Willow Tree piece from her studio in Kansas City, MO. This piece is cast from Susan's original carving and painted by hand.
- Ready to display on a shelf, table or mantel. To clean, dust with soft brush or cloth.
Release Date: 06-02-2020
Details: TITLE: Loving My Mother SENTIMENT: I’m here for you, as you’ve always been for me GIFT-GIVING SUGGESTIONS: A gift to express the caring relationship between adult daughter and older mother, as they progress through life together, and roles of caregiving become inevitably reversed. Willow Tree is a reminder of someone we want to keep close, or a memory we want to touch. Hand-carved figures reveal their expression through body gestures only... a tilt of the head, placement of the hands, a turn of the body. Since 1999, American artist Susan Lordi has worked in partnership with DEMDACO to produce, market and distribute Willow Tree , her line of carved figurative sculpture. From her studio in Kansas City, Lordi hand carves the original of each figure. This piece is cast from Lordi's original and painted by hand. Enclosed inside each fitted packaging box is a gift-giving card with piece title and sentiment on it. Each piece is intended to be open to interpretation from the viewer. "Willow Tree isn't so much about the tangible piece. It represents an emotion or it marks a memory." -Susan Lordi
Package Dimensions: 8.4 x 5.7 x 4.4 inches